Beautiful long and thick eyelashes are mandatory to give the final glow to your look.
In Japan, due to the nature and shape of our eyes, almost all the women see the necessity of using a curler to lift and curl the eyelashes.
The most common tool is the well known traditional eyelash curler. However I see a lot of pros for the less common electrical eyelash curler.
You all know what a manual eyelash curler is but you may know less about the electrical one so let me describe it to you very quickly:
Electrical eyelash curler
The electrical eyelash curler looks a bit like a mascara, in term of size as well, and works with a battery. When you turn on the curler the end is heated. You apply the curler on you eyelashes just like when you do your mascara but slowly. So the eyelashes are lifted and curled up. Pretty simple!
Here are the pros and cons about the traditional curler VS the heated curler:
Traditional curler vs electrical curler
– has a strong curling power
– works with any type of eyelashes, even the thickest
– you can tune the curl shape as you wish
– quick to use
– needs extra attention because sometimes you can pinch your eyelids
– doesn’t fit all the eye shapes
– sometimes it can rip some eyelashes off due to the tension
– when you miss the first pumps, the eyelashes look frizzy and it’s difficult to make it up
– has a good hold through the day
– can create synergy when used with an eyelash serum, to make the nutrients penetrate inside the eyelashes like a treatment
– can fit any eye shape
– no tension or pulling the eyelashes are involved, meaning no risks of aggression for the eyelashes
– takes time: time to let it heat and time to pass through the lashes
– the curling power is weaker than the traditional curler, it’s more lifting the lashes
So if having strong curls is your top priority, you may find the electrical curler too weak. But when you think about preserving your eyelashes, keeping them healthy, I would definitely choose the electrical one!
At the below link you can find an example of the electrical eyelash curler. It’s different from the one I used but the functions on any electrical eyelash curler are the same and pretty basic. The usage is the same as well and you can refer to my video to see how to use it.
In fact, I actually don’t need to use neither of them the most of the time since I choose my favorite method: eyelash perm. In Japan, the technicians are really meticulous and they do great works on your eyelashes and your beautiful curls last for a few months!
But I will tell more about it in another post very shortly!
In between, here is a video where I show how to use the electrical curler, although there is nothing really complicated, I give a few information 🙂