Recently, I have been focusing on newer products from Japan, but this time, I would like to talk about an older brand which has been achieving fame and awards for their products : Clé de Peau Beauté.
Clé de Peau Beauté, the brand
Clé de Peau Beauté is a luxury brand created by Shiseido from 1982, and over the years, they have gained quite a world-wide following for their products. By using innovative science and Japanese aesthetics, they are well-known to create a wide range of cosmetics such as foundation, concealer, blush, eyeshadows, as well as skin care. Clé de Peau Beauté is French for, the “key to skin”, and as they state on their website, their concept is to give a woman the “key to unlocking a new world of beauty”.
Clé de Peau Beauté Correcteur Visage
Today, I would like to focus on their famous concealer, the Correcteur Visage.
The concealer comes in a thin, black tube which you can twist to bring up the product.
How to Use
- Apply your primer, and foundation
- Twist the tube to extend the concealer
- Use your fingers or brush to apply above your base ( I recommend using a brush for a more natural finish)
- Set with a powder (optional)
Correcteur Visage review
The texture of the product feels silky, so it glides on very well. I was most impressed with how it could cover my dark circles, and some of my scars. The product claims to be able to hide spots and freckles as well. It is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The concealer also contains hyaluronic acid to keep the skin moisturized, and has Japanese Powder technology to help brighten the skin. It also contains green tea extract.
It really is a high quality product with its ingredients, and does live up to its hype in terms of its coverage, in my opinion.
The cons of this concealer, is its price and its color selection. In Japan, you can get this for 6,000 yen + tax. It does seem pricey for a tube, but I have found that I only need a little product for each use, so it should last me a while. Also, this comes in only 5 different colors (6 colors available in the States). For fair-skinned people, I would recommend going to the counter to get matched as the shade selection is limited.
- Great ingredients (ie: hyaluronic acid, green tea extract, Japanese Powder Technology)
- Great coverage- a little goes a long way!
- Covers dark circles, acne spots, scarring, discoloration
- Feels light, and is long lasting
- Pricey (6,000 yen + tax)
- Limited shade options
Overall, the product does live up to the hype, but it would be great if they could offer more color selection.
If you already have the concealer, here are some other bestsellers to check out:
- Voile Crème Correctuer, Correcting Cream Veil (Makeup Base, contains SPF 20, PA++) 6,000 yen + tax
- Lotion hydro-adoucissante , Hydro-softening Lotion (Skin Conditioning Lotion) 10,500 yen + tax (170 mL)
- Emulsion Fortifiante Protectrice , Protective Fortifying Emulsion (Moisturizer) 11,000 yen + tax (125 mL)