August is upon us, the temperatures are rising and cooling products are welcome to chill our mind and body. Here is the review of the must have products to beat August heat.
By the way, you already know how to keep your makeup intact in summer, but did you know that cooling your skin down is another step to a flawless skin? Find out why and discover how!
Why cooling the skin down has a beauty skin effect?
- It helps to close the large pores!
When it becomes hot, the pores of our skin open and produce sebum to adjust the temperature. If we let it happen, then the skin will loose all the moisture leading to dehydration, the produced sebum on the skin oxydizes leading to ageing, the pores staying large will contribute to blackheads and breakouts….a disaster! So cooling the skin down helps to shrink the open pores and avoid all that!
- It helps bringing down the heat induced redness
Cooling the skin down helps to calm the skin inflammation therefore releaves the heat.
- It helps to prevent ageing spots after sun exposure
After the skin has been exposed to UV radiation, it starts producing melanins that is the origin of photoageing. Cooling the skin down helps lowering down the production of melanins, therefore prevent spots.
- It optimizes the turnover
When we cool the skin down, the difference of temperature leads to improvement of the blood circulation, therefore the turnover is optimized and who says healthy turnover, says healthy and beautiful skin.
How can we cool the skin down?
As I have already mentioned in the previous post there are easy ways to cool down the skin:
For the Face
- Use facial spray water such as the Thermal Water from La Roche Posay that has a calming effect on inflammation. After a few times, you will feel how cold the surface of your skin is.
- Put the facial sheet masks such as Lululun in the fridge before using. Then cover your face as usual with the cold mask. A delight in summer!
- We have been seeing a lot of specific cosmetics for summer with cooling effect. I haven’t tested but Shiseido Benefique Ice Essence is supposed to let us feel a -10˚C on our skin when applying!! You spray generously on a cotton pad and pass it on your face. Enough to shrink our pores, for sure!
For the Body
- Use minted facial or body wipes. In Japan, we have a lot of cosmetic wipes for make-up removal, cleaning, lotion moisturization, body deodorant, or just refreshment. They come in a sachet of 10 to 30 wipes. They are easy to carry and convenient!
Biore, Sarasara Powder Sheet
Kao has many types of cosmetic wipes. Here a body wipe to absorb & dry the sweat and at the same time cooling the body. I use it after exercising or yoga when I cannot take a shower or during the day when I’m out in a hot day.
The wipe is resistant and thick. It allows to wipe the sweat. The surface of the body becomes instantly dry leaving a film of invisible powder on the skin. Also the minted formula cools the skin down a lot: the skin gets even very cold!!
For the head and scalp:
- Same as for the face, we have many shampoos with mint cooling effect to forget about the heat for about 1-2 hours after showering!
Arimino Sparkling Shampoo
Arimino is a Japanese major professional hair care brand. Every year they release minted haircare for summer. This year it’s a carbonated shampoo. The shampoo comes out of the can in a foam. The CO2 allows to deeply cleanse the pores and improves the blood circulation leading the scalp to a healthy state.
The shampoo contains peppermint extract to refresh our hair and scalp but also some nourishing elements such as Argan oil, marine placenta. A highly innovative and ideal product for summer!