Here we are, last month of the year! Many magazines and websites started revealing the ranking of the best cosmetics 2017 second half.
I picked one eyeshadow palette that appeared in many best cosmetics rankings this second half of the year: Dramatic Styling Eyes from Maquillage.
Maquillage, the brand
According to an internet survey, Maquillage is the most popular brand among the numerous Shiseido cosmetic brands. The brand has many fans from different ages but the core target seems to be from 20’s to 40’s.
You can find Maquillage products on the internet, in drugstores and some of the department stores at Shiseido’s counter.
Maquillage, Dramatic Styling Eyes
Maquillage got interested in the variety of brown colors that we find in Asian women’s eyes. The brand designed 8 different palettes with different combinations of brownish shades so that each person can find the most suited brown, the brown of your dreams.
Among the 8 launched palettes, the BE303 is the main one, designed to fit the largest part of the brown eyes population.
How is the Maquillage eyeshadows palette built?
I bought the peach-toned PK303.
- The base color at the top left is a powdery sheer pink beige and fits the skin very naturally to give a velvety look. It has the function of brightening the whole eye area and to help the other shades applied afterward to last longer.
- Underneath the 3 shades are little creamier and spread nicely on the eyes, with or without the base color.
- The point color at the top right side is the one with most glitters to bring on the glam!
The pros of Maquillage Dramatic Designing Eyes
I have only pros for this product!
- What I found really well done is that all of these shades can be layered up in any order, without giving a dull finish, rather totally blending with each other, and each combination giving a beautiful and unique shade of brown. This is pretty unique and definitely a strength, as layering more than 3 shades usually cancel some of the shades or ends up by making the total look muddy and murky. You can layer from the darkest to the lightest to give a sweet look or the other way around, for an intense look.
- A thumb’s up for the texture and pigmentation: all 3 types (base color, the major 3 shades, and the point glittery shade) are well designed to spread naturally onto the skin and blend perfectly. The most glittery one is just enough to make the eyes brighter without turning the whole look tacky.
- Lastingness is amazing! For a palette of this price range, the lastingness is incredible: the brand claims the colors and shine to last for 8 hours without turning dull. Well, they are keeping their word! The beautiful shiny look stays on the eyes all day long, without drying like most of the reasonably priced eyeshadows.
- The hues and the combination: I usually don’t choose warm shades since I find that it makes my Asian eyes look puffy. But this palette gives me the possibility to blend and create the perfect brown for me, as the concept says. With this sole palette, you can create many amazing gradations and variety of browns. The combination is so well done that you have the choice of making your mix of warm AND cool browns.
It’s difficult to show on the pictures; in reality the look is more pigmented with stronger colors.
I personally also like the size of the palette: it’s easy to carry during the day and the size of the eyeshadows is perfect since I am often bored after a while to wear always the same colors with bigger sized shadows that last for ages…
Find the ideal eyeshadow palette for you!
Maquillage has a website that you can access with your smartphone, in order to analyze the color of your eyes to determine the best-suited eyeshadow palette for you!
As the Japanese makeup trend for eyes this season is shifting from orange to brown, why not trying this eyeshadow palette specially designed for women with brown eyes if that’s you. I highly recommend this Maquillage eyeshadow palette and I am not the only one: it won the prize of best eyeshadow of 2017 second half from Maquia, a popular beauty magazine and the second best eyeshadow palette 2017 second half from Voce, another major cosmetics magazine, so trust the word of mouth!
Maquillage, Dramatic Styling Eyes
8 palettes, ¥2.800