Unlike in most countries, in Japan, beauty techniques from hairdressing to nailart, are controlled by the country or recognized organizations through national examination or qualifications, assuring the quality and standard of techniques. Furthermore, the Japanese sophisticated beauty designs requiring high skills and creativity have been increasingly winning international renown.
Japanese services, as Japanese hospitality is now world famous, have inspired many industries overseas.
And to make this Japanese beauty industry even more fascinating, the market keeps filling with always more innovative and breakthrough beauty products.
My aim, as a passionate beauty expert with a multi-cultural background, is to inspire the world by spreading Japanese beauty beyond national borders, using my expertise of the industry and different cultures.
- Born in Tokyo, moved to France at age 11 with family.
- Graduated from the University of Technology of Compiègne, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- While residing in France, experienced and learned cross-cultural communication through repeated stays in local families in the UK and in Germany. Spent one year as an exchange university student in the USA. Came back to Japan at age 24.
- Joined France Telecom S.A., as a business analyst in charge of market research.
- Attracted by the world of beauty, studied and passed the Japanese national examination of hairdressing. Worked in various salons in Tokyo, while learning also makeup and facial treatment skills. Further perfected haircut and color techniques in London Vidal Sassoon School of Hairdressing and makeup in London College of Fashion.
- Joined a long established beauty school in Tokyo, in charge of teaching, students recruitment, PR, new business development, and beautician in affiliated salons.
- Joined L’Oréal Japan, worked in marketing development of professional products. Through the interactions with the headquarter and China branch office, further deepened knowledge of worldwide beauty industries.
- With the aim of spreading the unique and highly interesting Japanese beauty throughout the world, founded Japonisme LLC in 2016.
- English, French, Japanese spoken.