We are experiencing the traditional Japanese VERY DRY winter here… Skin becomes very unstable, we need to hydrate, hydrate and hydrate!!
Last not least, the new Lululun mask, launched last October is the last product I got from the lifestyle store this time. Now you can actually find this product even in drugstores but lifestyle stores are generally the places where new cosmetic products are first sold before being spread all over the place.
Lululun Plus, The Power Mask
These new Lululun masks come in an individual package. One mask per sachet.
There are 2 ranges: aroma care masks and nature care masks. Each range has 5 different types so there are 10 new types of masks.
Aroma Care Mask
The masks of this range include aroma essences to fit every mood.
- rose from Bulgaria to feel sexy
- sage from France to clear your mind
- lavender from France to heal and dream
- lemongrass from India to give you a positive mind
- yuzu from Kochi, Japan, to get rid of worries and give you hope
Each mask includes sub essences or ingredients to enhance skincare effect, in addition to the main aroma essence.
Nature Care Masks
Each mask of this range includes exclusive natural ingredients, carefully chosen for specific skin benefit:
- Homeo-Age: extract from seaweed from France for deep nutrition and aging care
- Smooth Gold: silk from Thailand for aging care and glow
- Sweet Drop: honey from New Zealand for deep moisture
- Fresh Red: acerola from Okinawa for a clear and bright skin
- Sunny Day: sunflower extract from Switzerland for whitening
Depending your skin condition, and what it needs, choose the appropriate mask!
As my skin was in need of rescue more than just relaxation, I chose two of the natural care range: the Homeo Age and the Sweet Drop.
Lululun Plus, the Power Mask: results
What I liked:
- the sheet texture and thickness: the basic Lululun as I said in another post, is made of a very thin sheet while the premium sheet Lululun One is much thicker. This power mask is something in between which I find perfect: ideal thickness to contain the right amount of beauty serum so that it doesn’t dry out during the posing time, and to weigh enough to fit on the face and stay in place. The texture of the sheet is very soft and a bit like jelly which is actually pleasant and very refreshing for the face.
- It’s a good fit on my face at least, with all the parts of the face covered to its maximum.
- the finish: both sheets soothed my skin while it was irritated and very dry with a light inflammation. My skin was deeply moisturized and soft.
What’s not so terrific:
- I am not sure if it’s because my skin was so unstable at that time (it happens about 2 times per year, when we change seasons), but I felt irritation with both sheets during the posing time, although the result afterwards was just fine. I never felt any irritation with previous Lululun masks, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just this time.
- Now I didn’t really feel any difference in finish after using the Homeo-Age mask or the Sweet Drop one. They both gave the same kind of finish: a well moisturized, soothed and soft skin. Maybe if you continue to use one type for a while you would actually see the differences in result? Maybe…or maybe it’s all just a marketing story!
Anyway the concept is very nice and new and as the finish is more than good, it’s enough to make this product a new popular and successful one! Oh and it’s affordable too, as reasonable pricing is part of the general concept of Lululun mask.
Lululun Plus “the Power Mask”, 200 yen.