Your hair is dull without shine? Weak and breaks easily? Oh and you regularly do a home treatment and still you don’t see any major improvement?
Then maybe it’s time to treat yourself with a real professional hair treatment.
I went to try Shiseido Professional’s latest hair care line launched this April, in a Shiseido hair salon. The result was up to my expectations!
What is Shiseido Professional’s Airy Flow haircare line?
Shiseido Professional launched Airy Flow, their latest hair care line this month. Shiseido designed this new haircare line, focusing on the reasons that make our hair difficult to maintain and style. Many factors lead our hair to become unmanageable:
- repeated color or/and perm make our hair dry and loose its natural suppleness
- the use of hair dryer, curling iron harden our hair use after use
- cuticle damage makes our hair tangle easily
Airy Flow brings a solution to hair in that kind of situations, meaning to almost everybody’s hair, for an airy, light, smooth finish.
Airy Flow hair treatment approach
So how exactly can we bring suppleness, lightness, and smoothness to our damaged hair?
The approach is double:
- cortex care: Shiseido’s original jelly that brings flexibility to hair fills inside the hair for a soft and supple result.
- cuticle care: repairing ingredients smooth out the hair surface damages and coat each piece of hair to bring a sleek and light finish.
Airy Flow Salon Hair Treatments review
The Airy Flow home hair care line includes only the shampoo, treatment and the out bath treatment.
If you ask for the service in a salon, you can get an additional and the most important care: the cortex care “Intensive Effector” that repairs the inside of hair.
Salon hair treatments flow:
The whole hair treatment was done at the shampoo booth:
- “Airy Flow shampoo” and rinsing
- application of “Airy Flow Intensive Effector”
- application of “Airy Flow Treatment”
- rinsing and towel drying
The hairdresser applied the out bath treatment “Airy Flow Refiner” before drying my hair, which protects my hair from the heat of the dryer and also UVs, without weighing it down.
The whole Airy Flow line-up smells very “Japanese”: flowers and fruits, so rather sweet but not too strong. Nothing very characterial.
How the salon hair treatments changed my hair:
Although I’ve stopped coloring my hair, and although perm technologies and formula are less and less damaging, my hair still gets dry and hard at the tips. Most of the time, I find salon hair care too heavy for my fine hair. It’s too nourishing and my roots get greasy.
Airy Flow brought both lightness, and even roots lift, and moisture and suppleness to my hair tips. The coating is not too thick so the hair touch is soft and airy. Hair ends got deeply nourished from inside and outside; that could be felt by the touch too: my fine hair that always gets tangled didn’t.
Days after, the hair still kept the same condition: soft and untangled.
If you take a salon treatment, you are given 3 tubes of the “Airy Flow Intensive Effector” that you are advised to use one week after the salon treatment, and once per week after, which allows you to keep the salon quality result for about a month!
In a nutshell, this salon treatment is recommended if:
- you have chemically processed and hardened hair
- your hair is dry and damaged and you feel your hair doesn’t sit into place
- you want to deeply treat your hair but doesn’t want a heavy finish
The long lasting effect thanks to the home maintenance products is an additional reason that makes this hair care worth a try!
Some salons give a special price until the end of June:
¥2,700 instead of ¥3,996 hair care + ¥3,240 blow dry
Note: Price may change depending on which Shiseido salon.
Let me know how it changed your hair!